Re: Dual 500 G4

Subject: Re: Dual 500 G4
From: Tim Senecal (tsenecal@denverpost.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 16:17:08 MST

guys,

speaking as an individual who uses mol only sporadically, and only on a
single g4 box, but having been a mol user since rev .38, i remember someone
(perhaps samuel) saying that mol is incapable of running on a dual cpu
setup. in addition, and please, someone correct me if am wrong here, the
only company that even discusses a rev of linux that will run on the dual
cpu machines is a non shrink wrapped beta 2.4.x kernel from Yellow Dog.
Non shrink wrapped meaning you will have to install the YDL and then put a
different kernel on top of that install.

forgive me if it sounds like i don't know what i am talking about, because
this is all second hand knowledge, none of it is from my own experience

Tim