Re: Dual 500 G4

Subject: Re: Dual 500 G4
From: Bill Fink (billfink@capu.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 23:58:28 MST

> On Sat Feb 17 2001, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> Well, it's very difficult to say as some of the things involved are
> tighly related to the way the linux MM works, what is safe to do and
> what is not, what need spinlocking and what not, and so far, I've not
> found anything like the beginning of a documentation on that.
>
> On my side, I'm reading the source, trying to understand, and see...
>
> I'm a bit out of time now, but later this week-end, I'll try to give you
> an overview of what is needed to get MOL kernel module to work properly
> on SMP as we already discussed that quite a bit with Samuel.

Is the only SMP issue with the MOL kernel modules? Are there any
issues with the multiple MOL user processes running concurrently
on different processors? I had asked this earlier but didn't get
any reply. If not, that's one less thing to worry about anyway.
But if there is, I had wondered before if there was any system call
to lock down the MOL user processes to a single processor.

                                                -Bill