FindFolder trap patch

Subject: FindFolder trap patch
From: Michael Clark (michael@metaparadigm.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 07:34:00 MST

> That looks a bit like what Apple's Macintosh Manager does. An idea: You
> can make an INIT that patches "FindFolder" to route the MacOS
> "preferences" folder to the network drive. It should work with most apps
> that are compatible with Multiple Users & Macintosh Manager.

I'm having troubling patching FindFolder - it does not appear in Traps.h and is
a two word trap (i'm new to Mac Toolbox - give me posix any day). Does anyone
have examples of patching a two word trap?

I also had a look at the FolderManager 'AddFolderDescriptor' function (which
allows you to change the location of an existing FolderType) but it only allows
you to redirect to a folder on the system disk or in the blessed folder.

~mc