Re: still stuck. have an older G3...

Subject: Re: still stuck. have an older G3...
From: Brice Ruth (brice@webprojkt.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 10:15:28 MST

Just a note to throw in the mixing pot:

I struggled and failed to get MOL to work with my install of MacOS 9.0.4
- I couldn't boot to disk or CD-ROM - neither using the ROM stripped
from the CD or my System Folder. I recently received MacOS 9.1 as part
of my ADC subscription and all of a sudden I was able to boot to
something resembling MacOS - first I booted to the CD-ROM using the new
ROM from the CD, then I tried booting to MacOS 9.0.4 using that same ROM
- while it did boot, I get system errors after it finished booting, so
that wasn't working. I just recently upgraded my disk to MacOS 9.1 and
now MOL works like a charm ... the only thing I still have to figure out
is networking :)

So - by my experiences, MacOS9.1 DOES work.