Re: Install MacOS via MOL?

Subject: Re: Install MacOS via MOL?
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 01:24:29 MST

Hello Giray!

If your CD is bootabel (verify it on a real mac) you set your
CD-ROM-drive as the the first blkdev in your molrc.
mol tries to boot from the first blkdev in molrc.

But I do not know if you need a rom-image to boot.
I think so.
Well if it is MacOS 8.6 you can mount the cd within linux and copy "Mac
OS ROM" within " Systemfolder" (in dutch) to your mol-path (donīt forget
to strip_rom)
after that unmount the CD and set your molrc to use this new rom-image.

Now you should be able to boot from the CD and install MacOS on any
partition of your hd (do not mount it in linux, this partition will be
write-protected in mol so you can not install on it.

Think thatīs it.

Your molrc should look like this:
# Newworld booting currently does not work on 601-based machines (but
# the built-in ROM should work for these machines)
#
newworld_boot: yes
newworld_rom: rom/rom37 # path to the stripped ROM-image

# Device can for instance be /dev/hda, /dev/hda6 or /dev/sda4.
# The following flags are supported:
#
# -rw/-ro read-write / read-only [default]
# -force export non-HFS partitions (be careful!)
# -cd CD

blkdev: /dev/cdrom -cd
blkdev: /dev/hda9 -rw
#blkdev: /dev/cdrom -cd

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering    C & E Informationsdienste GbR
0 52 54 80 68 66 oder 0173 566 266 1