Re: I tried mol-0.9.54 and... failed [The Solution]

Subject: Re: I tried mol-0.9.54 and... failed [The Solution]
From: Hans Ronne (hronne@pp.sbbs.se)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 14:20:11 MST

>On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Anne et Bertrand wrote:
>
> When upgrading, did you change the nvram file ? Did you try to boot
>mol-0.9.54 with the
> previous nvram file ? If I remember well, I had the same problem when
>upgrading to
> mol-0.9.50 or 51, and my rpmsaved nvram (that was a rpm upgrade...) did work.
>
> Bertrand Dekoninck
>

>Yes, this was usefull in this old time and I successfully switched to new
>mol thanks to this advice.
>
>Now things have changed, no more nvram in /etc/molrc !
>But a new file nvram_image_nw with no choice.
>
>I tried mol-0.9.54-1 (+ MacOS 9.1) on my 2.4.0-test11 kernel with little
>success on my B&W G3:

I had exactly the same problem with a different setup (beige G3). MOL got
stuck with a black screen at "RTAS instantiated at xxx".

The new nvram_image_nw file (which is generated by MOL if absent) seems to
be the problem. It does not work (at least not on my machine) and it is
used by MOL even if it says: nvram_image_nw: nvram/nvram.nw in
config/molrc.sys. Here is what worked for me:

1. Delete nvram_image_nw, if present.
2. Copy your old nvram/nvram.nw file to the top directory.
3. Rename this copy to nvram_image_nw.

Hope this works for you, too.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se