Re: Mac OS 9.1 doesn't work.

Subject: Re: Mac OS 9.1 doesn't work.
From: Frank STENGEL (fstengel@wanadoo.net.ma)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 12:38:54 MST

John Hancock a dit dans « Re: Mac OS 9.1 doesn't work. ».
[2001/01/26 03:08]

> Can anyone help? I can run KDE on my iMac but I can't
> get the mouse to work. My X client config file sets
> the mouse to /dev/mouse. Is there a device I could
> link /dev/mouse to that would solve my problem?
> Sincerely,
> John Hancock

[snip]
Well, the question is which kernel are you running? With the latest
version off the stable tree (2.2.18pre21 if I'm not too wrong) the
kernel uses, a device situated at /dev/input/mice. Look and Ben's linux
page at
        http://penguinppc.org/~benh
That's how I figured out to make my mouse work with the latest stable
kernel.

Have fun!

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel@nordnet.fr)