cd rom and blkdev on mol

Subject: cd rom and blkdev on mol
From: antadam (antadam@lunch-lady.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 14:32:59 MST

i'm running the latest version of mol on a g3 blue and white rev 2 w/ydl
1.2.1 kernel 2.2.18pre21. i go in to edit the /etc/molrc file, remove the
comments and rerun mol after i save and quit. there is a link to /dev/cdrom
to /dev/hde which is where my cd rom is located so i'm not missing anything.
in addition, w/molrc, i changed the blkdev for my sda drive to sda7 where the
hfs partition is on, its mounted by linux at the same time, but i saved the
molrc file, rebooted, and it still says the drives are locked. is there
something that needs to be rerun like ldconfig does for ld.so.conf???
thanks in advance
adam