Re: MoL current rsync tree on BenH 2.4.6 dies after a while of running

Subject: Re: MoL current rsync tree on BenH 2.4.6 dies after a while of running
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:57:57 MDT

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> We are not yet 100% what is the cause of the problem, it may well be
> a CPU bug. In that case, that would mean we must not use the TAU
> interrupt at all in the kernel as it would lock us up regulary (MOL
> beeing able to recover from the error is already quite wonderful ;)

Hooray for running MacOS as a process on a preemptively multitasked OS,
eh? :)

> Do for now, leave thermal management off (and tell us if it ever
> happens again, I doesn't for me).

I'll do that. Thanks for the tip, Ben. (And thanks for a working 2.4.6
tree - seems quite stable and working great!)

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN