PPC '601 support in MoL - is it gone forever?

Subject: PPC '601 support in MoL - is it gone forever?
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 20:25:57 MDT

I have managed to install Linux on an old Mac 6150 Workgroup Server box -
I've discovered it to be a bit of a trick, but I got it to work. I wanted
to try running MoL on it; however, the kernel I'm using on it is a 2.4.5
NuBus kernel (from nubus-pmac.sf.net), so I don't have a whole lot of
choice in terms of kernels to use. 2.4.5 doesn't provide the features that
older releases (like 0.9.55) want, but recent releases (like 0.9.58 and
the current rsync tree) don't support 601-based systems. Will MoL
eventually support '601-based systems again, or is its support for
anything before the '603 considered not worth the time?

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN