Re: mol 0.9.58-1 refuses to restart after killing

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.58-1 refuses to restart after killing
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 11:04:02 MDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Brice D Ruth wrote:

> You might want to try simply removing the MOL modules ... I'm running
> MOL from Sam's rsync tree (updated two days ago) and I don't have any
> problems killing MOL and restarting. To remove the MOL modules, do the
> following:
>
> rmmod sheep_net
> rmmod mol
> rmmod molsymglue0

Which he won't be able to do - the refcount on the 'mol' module was 1, and
so 'rmmod' will fail with EBUSY.

> If this gives you problems - there's probably something else going on
> (and it may be fixed in Sam's current tree).

I'd seen this awhile back, while 0.9.58 was still in development, but I
was under the impression that it had been fixed.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN