Re: Problems w/ memory?

Subject: Re: Problems w/ memory?
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 09:52:10 MDT

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Brice D Ruth wrote:

> Hi there - I recently upgraded my iMac DV (summer 2000, slot loading) to
> 1G of RAM. Since then, I've been crashing a tremendous amount whenever
> MOL is running. Even if I'm not doing anything - say I leave my
> computer for a little bit, if I come back, it is unresponsive - I have
> to hit the reset button, it no longer responds to ssh connection
> attempts or anything of that nature. I have MOL set to use 768M -
> leaving Linux w/ 256M. I'm running kernel 2.4.4-6.2mdk (Linux Mandrake)
> w/ MOL 0.9.60, from shortly before Sam went to MacWorld.

I seem to remember something about an earlier limit of 64 MB allocated to
the MacOS session, which was raised to something like 512 MB. So you might
be running into that limitation (if I remember correctly - you should
check the list archives to find out for sure)...

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN