Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?

Subject: Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?
From: Brice D Ruth (brice@webprojkt.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 15:11:40 MDT

So, is your AirPort connected directly to your cable modem? If so, I
think there may be some things wrong with your setup -

1) If your client computers (wireless) are not using DHCP, then you
shouldn't be distributing IP adresses via DHCP
2) Ethernet to AirPort bridging is also probably not what you're looking
for - this is only useful if the network on either side of the AirPort
is identical. If it isn't (e.g. cable modem = Internet on one side;
wireless = private network on the other side) then you don't want to bridge.

Some other things seem funky, but I need to check my AirPort Admin
utility before I say anything else.

Also - try disabling WEP and see if that miraculously does something for
you. What you described is exactly what I did to setup WEP (following
all the directions I could find), but no dice in the end.

And don't worry - you're not taking up too much of my time :) I enjoy
solving network problems, I'm a network engineer at heart, though a
software engineer by profession (makes more money :)).

Regards,
Brice Ruth

--
WebProjkt, Inc.