Re: Full screen capable?

Subject: Re: Full screen capable?
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 09:47:11 MDT

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Quentin Mason wrote:

> Buy vmware to run windows inside linux on intel's. It is not emulated -- a
> runtime environment like MOL and WINE (which is crap).

How is Wine crap? It takes a lot of work to reimplement the Win32 API -
which is what Wine has to do to be compatible with Windows programs. And
that's hard, esp. when so many of the calls that are used aren't
documented. Makes it kinda hard to duplicate their functionality when you
don't know what they do, or what parameters they take.

OT, I know, but I had to mention this - you try replicating the Win32 API,
moving target it is, and you'll find out just how easy a job it isn't.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN