Re: PowerBook G4, mol and kernel 2.4.2

Subject: Re: PowerBook G4, mol and kernel 2.4.2
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 13:44:59 MST

Hello Brice!

Brice Ruth schrieb:

> Just an FYI - on my iMac DV, the only system that boots w/ MOL is 9.1,
> 9.0.4 doesn't work at all (grey screen of death).
>
> I'm able to run w/ OS 9.1 for hours at a time, also - sometimes I get
> flakiness, but nothing that I've been able to track down yet.

Realy strange, I have no problem with 9.0.4, i´m running 9.1 with the
original rom version 6.6.1

> I'm assuming you're running 0.9.55, self-compiled? What kernel are you
> running against?

No, I have an rsynced mol 0.9.56 and Paul Mackaras 2.4.2 kernel both
selfcompiled and both running without a problem on my pismo in front of
me ;-)

> Not that I can probably assist - but I can try.

Better than doing nothing :-)

Do you know how to setup a video-mode for the wide-display?

Thanks,
        Christoph