find_path_device() unresolved in 2.4.2 problem

Subject: find_path_device() unresolved in 2.4.2 problem
From: Robert E Brose II (bob@kunk.jriver.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 23:46:17 MST

This is on a Mac 7500 w/ 250 mhz G3.

I've compiled the mol-0.9.56 from the rsync tree and am getting
find_path_device() unresolved when doing startmol. I was running
mol sucessfully with a 2.2.19 kernel on this machine.

My kernel is a recent linuxppc_2_5 from bitkeeper. In browsing
the archive I saw references to this on a different platform but
am not seeing a reason why this should be a problem on a 7500 with
CONFIG_PROC_DEVICETREE=y

The System.map and vmlinux are correct in /boot. find_path_device
is in the /boot/System.map as well...

 [root@linux]# grep find_path_device /boot/System.map
c02354ac T find_path_device

Any ideas?