Help getting Mac OS ROM

Subject: Help getting Mac OS ROM
From: Susan Midlarsky (susanrm@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 09:43:03 MST

Hi there,

Having just installed LinuxPPC, I would like to try to run
Mac-on-Linux. I'm getting stuck at the point of copying the ROM file.
The Overview page isn't too helpful, saying only "bash$ strip_nwrom
"/exchange/System Folder/Mac OS ROM" /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw"
(assuming /exchange is the HFS disk containing MacOS). I've tried
several options in place of "/exchange", including the name of the
partition in the Mac OS and the name of it in Linux. No luck so far -
get "No such file or directory" repeatedly.

This is a new world machine, a G4 purchased last summer.

Thanks much for any help!

Susan Midlarsky
Assistant Network Manager
Department of Architecture, MIT