Re: Errors...

Subject: Re: Errors...
From: Jeremiah Merkl (merkjj@uleth.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 09:42:30 MST

are you running startmol as root the first time? Only root has enough privs
to actually patch the kernel at runtime.

You only have to do it once per restart...there's documentation out there
though to fix it so that the MOL patches are applied at startup, but I don't
know where those are or what they are.

The other catch is, in your /boot the files may not be called "vmlinux" or
"System.map"....mine had the kernel version after them, so it was
"vmlinux-2.2.17" and "System.map-2.2.17" or something like that. Your
options are to type "startmol System.map-2.2.17" or, as root symlink
System.map-2.2.17 to System.map......just remember to fix the symlink if you
ever upgrade/change your kernel.

HTH

-- JM