Re: creating an exchange drive

Subject: Re: creating an exchange drive
From: Scott Hankin (sdhankin@ma.ultranet.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 15:13:56 MDT

Sondra Russell wrote:

> I have a quick and (what should be) easy question... I have linux
> running on my mac (on a partition on my hard drive), I have MOL running
> fabulously... Now I just need to set up an /exchange drive.
>
> I created a new partition using pdisk. After that the mac recognized it
> fine, but linux doesn't seem to see it. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Sondra

If you created it as an HFS disk (not HFS+), you can see it on Linux by typing:

        mount -t hfs /dev/<partion> /<mount directory>

I mount my exchange partion via

        mount -t hfs /dev/hda8 /mnt

and everything works fine.

- Scott

Scott Hankin In the beginning, there was nothing, then
Rational Software God said, "Let there be light." And there
20 Maguire Road was light. There was still nothing, but
Lexington, MA 02421 you could see it a lot better.