MOL Locks up

Subject: MOL Locks up
From: Blast (blast@theramp.net)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 19:38:02 MDT

It seems I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve.

I have the following configuration:

7500/100 with a XLR8 G3/350 upgrade card
88 Mb RAM
2 Separate HD's, One OS9.1 the other is SuSe Linux 7.0

MOL refuses to start up via New World ROM. I have had to tweak the
configuration file to have it try to start up without using a NW ROM, but
used a 8500 setting.

When I try to start with NW ROM, its a no go. Various errors come up on the
screen and the screen remains blank.

When I used the 8500 setting in the MOL config file, OS 9.04 starts to boot,
but then it gags and then provides a system boot error. It looked like it
was the XLR8 control panel & Extension. So I disabled them. Now it looks
like its the monitors extension. When I try to disable the extensions by
holding down the shift key or taping on the shift key during MOL boot, the
boot appears to ignore this and happily continues to boot up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

"We may not have got everything right, but at least
we knew the century was going to end.²
- Apple Computer