Server and Dev. Env. in one box...

Subject: Server and Dev. Env. in one box...
From: Sondra Russell (sondra@sondra.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 10:56:01 MDT

First, thanks for all the help I've gotten from this list so far....

Ultimately I want to turn my Bronze Powerbook G3 into both a server
and development environment. Here's my list of goals and the
roadblocks I'm hoping you can help me with:

1. Bronze Powerbook G3 partitioned and LinuxPPC installed. (Done).
2. Apache/MySQL/PHP installed and running. (Done).
3. MOL installed and running. (Done).
4. Netatalk installed and visible through MOL chooser at all times,
even when Powerbook is off any type of network. (Done. God knows
how, but done...).
5. Apache server (a.k.a. 127.0.0.1) visible on Linux side. (Done.)
6. Apache server (a.k.a. 127.0.0.1) visible on MOL side.... Not done.
7. PPP connectivity on Linux side.... Not done.
8. PPP connectivity on MOL side.... Not done.

I'm stuck at #6 right now. I've waded through the postings so far
but can't figure out how to either access a Ethertap/IP Masquerading
loaded kernel or compile one of my own (or see if mine is already
compiled with those options).

I'm also generally fuzzy on the whole ethertap and IP Masquerading
concept. How are they different? What are they designed to
accomplish?

Anyone? Bueller? I'm happy to help others who are still working on
#1-#4 as my karmic debt....

Thanks again for all your help so far.

==Sondra