Re: Cdrom not accesible on Debian's mol

Subject: Re: Cdrom not accesible on Debian's mol
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 12:54:43 MST

On 27 Nov 2001, Alejandro Borges wrote:

> Ive a 2.4.14 kernel with mol runing macos 9.1....I love the mol but i
> need to access cdrom...WHen I installed macos from cdrom I had no
> problems, but now i need to access some windows-burned cdroms and mol
> simply does not let macos9 that it is accesible even when booting up
> with the disk in the drive....I do have /dev/hdc in molrc listed
> fine....Any ideas?

You have to add the -force flag to the line in your molrc that adds the
block device as a disk. MoL just checks to see if the filesystem is
HFS/HFS+, and if it's not, it wants to reject it. Make sure to specify
that flag, and it should work correctly.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN