future mol: 603, 2.4, glibc2.2?

Subject: future mol: 603, 2.4, glibc2.2?
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 11:05:14 MDT

Looking for a status report :-)

Are the current bug(s) expected to be fixed that prevent MOL from
running on 603? Or will 603 support be dropped as for 601?

Is MOL generally expected to work better with 2.4 kernels, now and/or
in the future? Is kernel 2.2 support expected to be dropped?

Will glibc2.2 have any bearing on any of this?

I'm at a crossroads with my 2 6500s - AFAIK I currently can't run MOL
(last time I tried, Samuel indicated there were still 603 bugs). And
my attempts to go to kernel 2.4 on these machines have been a sheer
disaster so far, which in turn begs the question on glibc2.2, which
requires a 2.4 kernel. MOL is my wild card. If MOL will go away for
this machine, I'm probably dropping back to kernel 2.2 as end-of-life
for this hardware (sadly).

Samuel, can you give me a read?

Thx,

Stefan Jeglinski