Re: future mol: 603, 2.4, glibc2.2?

Subject: Re: future mol: 603, 2.4, glibc2.2?
From: Alan Buxey (almb@mssl.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 11:50:18 MDT

hi,

> Are the current bug(s) expected to be fixed that prevent MOL from
> running on 603? Or will 603 support be dropped as for 601?

I hope not as I'm trying to get 0.96.1 to work on another PowerPC
platform...and i'm powered by 603e ;-)

I have to fix some lower stuff before i get to the debugging/fixing
of the 603e itself...i feel i'm close now so hopefully my work/efforts
will result in getting the 603 fixed

> Is MOL generally expected to work better with 2.4 kernels, now and/or
> in the future? Is kernel 2.2 support expected to be dropped?

in 2.2.x a lot more stuff has to be 'hacked in' compared to the relatively
simple process for 2.4.x of modules

alan