Macintosh Linux LAN

Subject: Macintosh Linux LAN
From: Gavin Philips-Page (gpage@iafrica.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 04:42:06 MDT

Please Help:

I recently purchased Yellow Dog Linux and installed it on a 8200 Macintosh.
Due to the fact that I couldn't get the mouse to function as a 2 button
mouse I installed Red Hat Linux 7.1 on a 4Gb drive on my PC. The other 10Gb
drive is running Windows ME. The basic requirements of the Linux
installation is to run Apache Server, PHP and MySQL.

The Apache Server works fine and I can connect to the Linux machine by
typing in my Domain name in Internet Explorer on my iMac.

I need to be able to connect to the Linux Server as a LAN from my iMac for
the following reasons:

1. I would like to design Websites on the Macintosh using GoLive. I would
then include PHP code and save it directly onto the Linux machine to enable
testing of the PHP Code.
2. I also need to be able to save graphics etc directly on the Linux machine
and have access to them from the iMac.

Samba allows such file sharing between a PC and a Linux machine. Do you know
if there is any such software which will allow the iMac and the Linux
machine to share files? If not, do you have any suggestions as to how this
may be achieved?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanx

Gavin