HFS drive won't mount under standalone MacOS

Subject: HFS drive won't mount under standalone MacOS
From: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick (rafial@well.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 01:28:16 MDT

When I installed MOL, I created a new HFS partition seperate from the
one I was using to boot MacOS standalone. I created the partition in
mac-fdisk, marking the type as Apple_HFS. When I booted into MOL the
first time from the MacOS 9.1 installation CD, it prompted me to
formate the partition, which I did, and then installed MacOS 9.1 on
it (which I then updated to 9.2). I did this because I wanted to
have seperate System Folders from which to boot MacOS standalone
versus MacOS under MOL.

Now I've discovered that when I boot MacOS standalone, the MOL
formatted and installed partition does *not* mount as a drive to the
desktop. However I can boot MOL from it, and the other old HFS and
HFS+ partitions do show up as well.

Any hints on what I've done wrong here? I'd like to have the MOL
boot drive show up when I boot into standalone MacOS as well...