Re: HFS drive won't mount under standalone MacOS

Subject: Re: HFS drive won't mount under standalone MacOS
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:37:29 MDT

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Thanks, this was the answer. After booting MacOS standalone, I ran
> drive setup, and first did "Update Drivers" followed by "Mount
> Volumes" and my MOL-Boot volume showed up.

You may also have to set the "Automount" flag on the partition in the
Drive Setup utility. mac-fdisk (and other partitioning utils for PPC on
Linux may do the same) sets up the partition with the Automount flag
cleared, and MacOS will ignore it because of that.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN