Re: Time travel..

Subject: Re: Time travel..
From: Iain Sandoe (iain@sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 16:59:47 MDT

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001, Samuel wrote:

> A bogus "timebase-frequency" property is serious.
> If it is completely missing, mol will calibrate using
> gettimeofday (this is a relatively new feature).

As I understand it (from work I was doing on IRQ blocking measurement)
*wrong* "timebase-frequency" properties were common in earlier Mac OF.

AFAIK Linux does not rely on this properties (from what Ben H has told me).

I can post some very simplistic user-space code to measure the TB frequency
(close enough) on the linux side if anyone wants it (basically doing the
same trick of calibrating it from gettimeofday).

ciao,
Iain.