Re: MOL-rsync vs. Benh rsync...

Subject: Re: MOL-rsync vs. Benh rsync...
From: Robert Vogt IV (robert@arborhost.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 12:19:21 MDT

> >Try removing _tlbie from include/compat.h.
>
> Having recently done this, I can confirm that it seems to work fine.

        Let me clarify what _tlbie is (without looking @ the code,
lol). In PowerPC architectures, TLBIE is a cache-management command
(Translation Look-aside Buffer Invalidate Entry) inplemented on some
PowerPC chips. My guess is that _tlbie is simply an ASM macro, probably
defined the exact same way in both header files.

        So, in conclusion, nothing can *possibly* be broken by this
change. ;)

                        -Robert Vogt IV