Re: MOL-rsync vs. Benh rsync...

Subject: Re: MOL-rsync vs. Benh rsync...
From: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick (rafial@well.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 12:57:13 MDT

>PowerPC chips. My guess is that _tlbie is simply an ASM macro, probably
>defined the exact same way in both header files.

Your first guess is correct, your second is not. compat.h seems to
have some very simple code, mmu.h (at least in my week-old BenH
kernel) has a bit more going on. When I was faced with the choice, I
took it on faith that the kernel knew what it was doing. ;)

That said, I've run a MOL so compiled for about a week, and I haven't
had any major problems with it, so I think the approach is safe.

-raf

Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////