Can't run Mol on Titanium, YDL 2.1

Stefan Berndtsson mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
04 Apr 2002 09:47:26 +0200

samuel@ibrium.se writes:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:36:51PM +0200, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
>
> >HFS  /dev/hda15       OS9                <read-write> 1024 MB BOOT
>
> I think this error is caused by a bug in the hfs+ implementation
> (which is btw. only used to retrieve the Mac OS ROM file) or in
> the search algorithms interfacing that code. One of the following
> workarounds ought to work:

Except that the partition is HFS, not HFS+ as seen above.

> i) Add a line similar to
>
> 	macos_rompath: 'System Folder/Mac OS ROM'
>
> to /etc/molrc. MOL examines if this file is present before
> it performs the search.

Just tried this, and it doesn't change anything except for "removing"
the line:

Searching /dev/hda15 for a 'Mac OS ROM' file

(I assume this is the MacOS filesystem path, so I changed
it into "Systemmapp" since I have a swedish OS)

> ii) Copy the 'Mac OS ROM' image to linux and specify it
> using an "newworld_rom: <rom_image>" line in /etc/molrc.

I've tried this as well, and then I get:

newworld: ----> rom/Mac_OS_ROM is not an ELF image

I tried reinstalling MacOS on the /dev/hda15 yesterday, without any luck,
and then I installed a new MacOS on a newly formatted 'disk-image'.
The last one (and the OS9-install CD) boots just fine.

All partitions are HFS. I never use HFS+.

/Stefan