Can't run Mol on Titanium, YDL 2.1

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:43:12 +0200

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:36:51PM +0200, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
> I have a feeling there's something on the MacOS partition
> that's not right, or is in a state that MoL doesn't expect,
> but I'm not competent enough to know what
> to look for.

This is quite possible.

> I'm now more and more convinced that's the case. I tried booting
> off the installation cd, and that works.

>HFS  /dev/hda15       OS9                <read-write> 1024 MB BOOT
>
>Searching /dev/hda15 for a 'Mac OS ROM' file
>***** SIGNAL 11 [Segmentation fault] in thread main-thread *****
>   si_signo = 11, si_errno 0, si_code 00030001
>   si_addr (nil). Last RVEC: 0x0 (0)
>   NIP 0fc9e8e8

I think this error is caused by a bug in the hfs+ implementation
(which is btw. only used to retrieve the Mac OS ROM file) or in
the search algorithms interfacing that code. One of the following
workarounds ought to work:

i) Add a line similar to

	macos_rompath: 'System Folder/Mac OS ROM'

to /etc/molrc. MOL examines if this file is present before
it performs the search.

ii) Copy the 'Mac OS ROM' image to linux and specify it
using an "newworld_rom: <rom_image>" line in /etc/molrc.

Cheers,

/Samuel