Can't run Mol on Titanium, YDL 2.1

Stefan Berndtsson mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
03 Apr 2002 19:36:51 +0200

dpates@dsdk12.net (Derrik Pates) writes:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 12:04:48PM +0200, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
> > In my case, I'm on an ibook, so it is not enabled in my kernel, and it
> > doesn't change anything with either state of 'disable_altivec', and it
> > _did_ work, then after a MOL-restart just began krashing. I've tried
> > having it rebuild the nvram-file as well.
>
> I'm running it on a 366 MHz FireWire iBook, and it works fine. You _are_
> telling MoL that the CPU type is G3, not G4, right? You are using the
> latest rsync tree, or how did you acquire the source?

Yes, it's set to G3. I'm using the MoL version provided by Debian.
This exact same binary worked fine, until it just decided to not work.
With the exact same kernel, the exact same mol-modules and the same
MacOS9 installation (without OSX on it). I have a feeling there's
something on the MacOS partition that's not right, or is in a state
that MoL doesn't expect, but I'm not competent enough to know what
to look for.

I'm now more and more convinced that's the case. I tried booting
off the installation cd, and that works.

/Stefan