Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:25:43 +0200

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:29:08PM -0500, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
> Can you speak to the issue of the 1/6 clock slowdown using OS9 in MOL?

If I remember correctly, this problem is about a bogus
timebase in MacOS. Everything is OK except that interrupts
occur too seldom resulting in a poor user experience.

As far as I know, this problem only occurs on more or less
"odd" hardware (certain accelerator cards etc.) and probably
only with certain versions of MacOS.

What I think happens is that the calibration MacOS performs
fails miserably (tweaking the MOL timebase with
"timebase_frequency: 0xNNNNNNNN" line to /etc/molrc
reportedly had no effect).

I'll try to fix this problem eventually, but it isn't at
the top of my priority queue.

(Btw. there is also the issue of clock drift during sleep,
but that is unrelated and ought to be simple to solve).

Cheers,

/Samuel