Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)

Stefan Jeglinski mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:22:26 -0500

>There main problem is that I don't know exactly what frequency
>MacOS gets wrong. I think it is the DEC timer, but it
>would be nice to get it confirmed before attempting
>to fix it. I guess I could write a small MacOS test program
>in order to pinpoint the problem.

Can you describe this more? AFAIK DEC timer is a privileged ppc
register. Does the ROM set it and the OS read it? Or does the OS set
it during boot? Do you think it's being set/read incorrectly, or that
it's a more complicated thing having do do explicitly with upgrade
processor hardware?

I dunno, I may be able to write such a program and do some snooping
(I certainly have a motivation), but I'm not sure what you need such
a test program to do exactly.

Stefan Jeglinski