Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)

Jouko-Thomas Kleine mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:28:00 +0300

samuel@ibrium.se wrote:

 >(Btw. there is also the issue of clock drift during sleep,
 >but that is unrelated and ought to be simple to solve).

I used to have my MOL clock only lose track of time during sleep periods
in my iBook with MacOS 9.0. After upgrading to 9.2.2 the clock has gone
totally wild jumping years ahead into the distant future every time I
swich to Linux (Gnome) and leave MOL running in the background in a
different virtual console (I always start MOL from a virtual console -
as opposed to starting from a console window - because that is the
easiest way for me to get the sound insiden MOL working in YDL 2.1 which
is my curren Linux installation).

The thing I want to ask is that if I downgrade back to MacOS 9.0 and get
the clock drift to behave a little more predictable (only drifting
during sleep), does there already exist a simple solution for this kind
of drift issue or does Samuel mean that such a solution would be simple
to develop?