Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)

Jouko-Thomas Kleine mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 18:23:43 +0300

benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:

>Weird, I'm running 9.2.2 with MOL regulary in the background in it's
>own console, and I never have any clock issue but during sleep.

I try to reconstruct my broblem by starting from MacOS 9.0 and upgrading
all the way to 9.2.2 avoiding any other changes in my setup during this
"test?" - see if I get the same behavior with the clock drift as I got
last time. I let you know then.

Bob Beaton wrote:

>I don't have an iBook, but I get wild clock drifts on my laptop
>(Wallstreet G3) and desktop (B&W G3) under MacOS 9.1 and 9.2.1. I
>haven't been able to get MoL running under 9.2.2, due to loads of
>unresolved variables. The drift occurs all the time, not just during the
>PB's sleep mode--that is, with MoL running in one of my YDL 2.1 screen
>workspaces. This is a real pain and a real limitation of MoL.

I use MOL in YDL 2.1 staight out of the box with allmost no editig of
molrc (only changes in memory size and HD mounting).  Never had any
other problems wit MacOS 9.0 - 9.2.2 besides the clock drift thouhg I
must admit that I never run it from a X window because then sound in MOL
would not work (I use the kernel that comes with YDL).

Regards,

Jouko-Thomas Kleine.
jt.kleine@dlc.fi