using USB to HotSync Palm IIIc

Jouko-Thomas Kleine mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 15:53:31 +0300

I have a Palm IIIc PDA and I'm using Palm's serial to USB adapter to
sync it with my iBook. I don't get HotSync to recognise it in MOL, but I
must admit that I havent tryed very hard because I don't understand half
of what I'm doing when configuring my Linux installation. I remember
reading in the MOL User Guide that MOL understands all devices that are
configured in Linux, so maybe my problem comes from Linux not supporting
my serial to USB adapter? Is MOL itself capable of communicating with
USB devices (my USB mouse works under MOL when I try it)? Maybe I could
do without HotSyncing in MOL if I could get similar functionality as in
Palm Desktop in Gnome but then I would have to get  my PDA to sync with
Linux anyway.  Another problem is that besides Palm Desktop I'm using
WordSmith which I think doesn't have a conduit for any form of Linux
running in a Power PC.

Is my only option to boot into Mac OS every time I want to sync my PDA
or could for example getting a different serial to USB adapter help?

Thanks in advance,

Jouko-Thomas Kleine.
jt.kleine@dlc.fi