using USB to HotSync Palm IIIc

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:47:34 +0200

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 03:53:31PM +0300, Jouko-Thomas Kleine wrote:
> I remember reading in the MOL User Guide that MOL
> understands all devices that are configured in Linux,

Well, a better formulation would probably be "MOL will not
be able to use any devices Linux is unaware of".

> so maybe my problem comes from Linux not supporting
> my serial to USB adapter?

>Is MOL itself capable of communicating with
> USB devices (my USB mouse works under MOL when I try it)?

No, not at the moment. Real USB access would be nice. However,
I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of USB so
I don't know how much work it would be. The main question
is whether there is a simple way to add a MacOS driver for
a USB controller. Last I checked I wasn't able to find
an API for that.

/Samuel