MOL future plans

Scott Sherrill mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:41:09 -0400

I am unsure if these suggestions have been implemented, but I did a
quick scan through the User Guide and didn't see them mentioned....if
they are already done I apologize.

(1) Netboot support.  I know that MOL is supposed to do multi-session
support but how about from a NetBoot server?

(2) More documentation about  multi-session.  Can multi-session for
example, handle readonly file systems?  Is multi-session assuming
single user or multi users as well?

(3) I'd like to also put a vote for Mac on i386 (or MOW as someone
said) support too.

I am the System Admin for a K12 school district.  We are moving to a
LTSP system and I would *love* to be able to add Mac sessions for
students.  Of course if I offer Mac sessions to students I need good
multi-sessions that aren't changeable by the user.  I have a Netboot
server setup for one lab already and to be able to spawn multiple
sessions for students all netbooted.....whoo now that would be cool!

If anyone is currently doing multi-sessions with multi-users on a
single box (or across multiple servers) please let me know how it's
going, any gotchas etc.

Thanks /Samuel and all others working on this project!

Scott
Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us