accelerated console and mol: Video transition failed

Stefan Jeglinski mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:10:12 -0400

I changed a 2.4.18 box to boot into accelerated video using the atyfb
driver (runlevel 3). It had been booting with "no video" checked
(BootX).

Now, when mol starts, I get in the log:

	console_video: Framebuffer offset changed!
	Video transition failed

and the screen stays black; however, MacOS does boot and is working,
I just can't get to it! When I tried running molvconfig, the log just
said it was running on VT7, but again the screen there was black.

Any solution here? I tried looking at /usr/lib/mol/config/vmodes but
I don't quite understand what I see there. Is there a way to manually
adjust this to get my video back from black?

Stefan Jeglinski