mol-0.9.62 available for download

Bob Beaton mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
14 Apr 2002 17:48:44 -0400

Samuel,

First, let me express many thanks for updating MoL! I was able to
download and install it on my G3/YDL2.1 system very easily. And I'm very
happy to see all of the bug fixes. Great job!

Second, despite the update, I'm still having a problem with MoL that
severely limits its usefulness for me. The problem involves MoL's time
keeping. Specifically, when I run MoL for even a short period of time,
the MacOS system clock runs wildly out of synch with the real time. This
problem has been discussed before on this list. But now, with the latest
update, I think the problem has become much worse.

For example, I started my updated MoL (which was in synch with the
YDL2.1 system clock), checked out a few features for about five minutes,
switched my desktop over to Linux to read my email for another five
minutes, then switched the desktop back to MoL, where I discovered the
MacOS time had lost six hours! Moreover, when I tried to use the Mac
Date and Time control panel to synch up with a time server, it refused
to update the MacOS clock (and did not provide an error message)!

Do you have any suggestions or work-arounds for this problem? Basically,
the MoL time error prevents me from doing anything that involves
accurate file creation/modification time stamps.

Many thanks,
Bob