Problems compiling 0.9.62 (missing C++ compiler)

Niklaus Giger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:18:00 +0200

Dear Samuel
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem:
>> C++ compiler cannot create executables.
>> test:>
>
>Looks like you have a problem with the c++ compiler
>(not installed?). MOL does not use c++ except for
>the Darwin port, but autoconf looks for it regardless.
Indeed this was my problem. I tried to compile on my second=20
machine where I have a lot less packages installed. I=20
should have taken a closer look at the error message...

It compiled and runs fine now.

Regards and thanks for your help

--=20
Niklaus Giger