mol-0.9.62, sheep module & kernel 2.4.18-0.8a

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 02:03:38 +0200

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:59:34PM +0200, Dr,  Guillemain Geraud wrote:
> after upgrading to 9.2.2 I had to upgrade to mol-0.9.62 after
> sucessfully compiling from the tar I get after startmol --loadonly :
>
> sheep_net.o: unresolved symbol xmon
> Hint.: You are trying to ... without a GPL ... contact the mod. supp.
> for assistance
>
> my Kernel is 2.4.18-0.8a
>
> Please help, I have no working internet in my office where i use the
> linux, and I cannot excchange data with the mac side of the
> G4 without having a working sheep module

The complaint about the GPL is due to a missing license statement.
The line

	MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");

should be added to netdriver/sheep.c and kernel_module/Linux/init.c just
after the #includes.

However, I suspect the cause of the problem is that the kernel you
are running has been compiled without xmon support while the
headers you are using have been setup with xmon support
enabled. (With a stock 2.4.18 kernels it shouldn't matter, but
2.4.18-0.8a seems to be a patched version...)

The best thing is to make sure the headers and the kernel match
completely (including the config options). As an alternative
it ought to be sufficient to add the following code to
netdriver/sheep.c:

void
xmon(struct pt_regs *excp)
{
}

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se>  WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
 Voice: +46 8 4418431, +46 8 55378174  ICQ: 155385581