Improved X11 driver, testing needed

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:16:54 +0200

There are a couple of things in the MOL rsync/BK tree I would like
to get tested before I put together the next version of MOL:

	- An improved X11 driver.
	- A tool for keyboard configuration.

On my machine, the improved X11 driver is *a lot* snappier than the old
one. It should also work better with remote X clients.

The keyboard configuration tool is invoked by

	startmol --keyconfig

Hopefully, it is self-explanatory (this tool is actually
an ELF-binary running inside MOL instead of MacOS).

The source code is also compatible with the latest
version of autoconf and automake, so it should be simpler
to compile it now :-).

I'm not sure all of the changes have propagated to all penguinc.ppc
mirrors, but the latest code is at least available from
zorn.theophys.kth.se:

	rsync -zr --delete zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol mol-rsync

Note that it is not necessary to install the new version of MOL
in order to test it (just do 'cd src; ./startmol' as root).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se>  WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
 Voice: +46 8 4418431, +46 8 55378174  ICQ: 155385581