startup disk doesn't work on this mac model

Yvon Thoraval mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 12:43:11 +0200

On Friday 02 August 2002 12:00, samuel@ibrium.se wrote:
> Install MacOS from within MOL (you can boot MOL from the install CD).

(obviously) you mean ydl 2.3 install CD ?

> If you don't have a spare partition

i do have a spare partition

> The same technique can be used to install MacOS on spare
> partitions. However, the partition won't show up in the "Real"
> MacOS unless one changes the partition type using pdisk
> and update the disk drivers in Apple's disk formatting
> utility (hrm... I don't remember the name of this app,
> probably something like 'HD SC Setup' or 'DiskTools').

why not using pdisk on the macOS "real" side, formatting it to hfs+ using=
=20
standard macOS utility (after a restart) and then, booting into linux,=20
starting mol from the ydl install CD. I suppose this could be done using =
a=20
command such like that :

/mnt/cdrom/path/to/mol

but i've apgraded mol after ydl 2.3 install then the mol versions aren't =
the=20
same, the most recent being on hard disk, would i encountered some probs =
due=20
to that point ?

tanxs for your answer.

Yvon