Strange problems with mol-0.9.64 with Mandrake 8.2...

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:50:34 +0200

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:49:17AM +0200, Falk Stern wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have some strange problems with mol-0.9.64 and Mandrake 8.2 ppc on an
> iBook 2001 dual-USB. I am running kernel 2.4.18-8.1mdk from the latest
> Mandrake Update and compiled mol myself with
> "./configure --prefix=/usr/gnu ; make ; make install"
>
> After diddling with the config to set up my drives and running
> "molvconfig" I tried to start mol and here is what happened:
>
> ***** SIGNAL 11 [Segmentation fault] in thread main-thread *****
>    si_signo = 11, si_errno 0, si_code 00030001
>    si_addr 0x2a. Last RVEC: 0x0 (0)
>    NIP 10042550
> cleaning up...
> ---> DHCP server not installed
> ---> /sbin/iptables not found.
> Terminating threads...
> thread 'startboing' is active!

There appears to be a bug in the HFS+ code. MOL uses this
code to load the 'MacOS ROM' file from the HFS+ partition
(it isn't used once MacOS starts booting though).

I'd like to track down this bug (I have never seen in myself,
but it has been reported a few times one the list). Could you
mail me the mol binary off list? Preferably the one which
still has symbols (/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/mol-0.9.64/src/mol
should do).

I recommend you use Apple's disk utility to make sure there
are no errors on your disk and then try again. I'm not sure
the HFS+ code handles inconsistencies very well. If
that doesn't work, copy the MacOS ROM file from your
System Folder to the linux side and add

	newworld_rom:   /path/to/the/file

to /etc/mol/molrc.macos.

Cheers,