iPod and Linux

Rob Pfile mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:13:24 -0700

I was able to mount my ipod under MOL, but it looks like a generic
scsi disk to the OS, so iTunes does not treat it as an ipod.

xtunes + ipod plugin is an option, but as others have noted its pretty
alpha-quality right now. the latest version of xtunes is much better,
but it still does fun stuff like crashing when importing files which
don't have the extension ".mp3", etc. i'd be a bit worried to let
xtunes write my iPod at this point.

rob