iPod and Linux

Jesus Climent mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:06:35 +0200

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:13:24AM -0700, Rob Pfile wrote:
>=20
> I was able to mount my ipod under MOL, but it looks like a generic
> scsi disk to the OS, so iTunes does not treat it as an ipod.

But I wonder if you can still copy music to the iPod even if not using
iTunes. Just copying music to it as a hard disk drive.

Forgive me if I am totally wrong, since I do not how an iPod behaves
with a Mac, when plugged.

> xtunes + ipod plugin is an option, but as others have noted its pretty
> alpha-quality right now. the latest version of xtunes is much better,
> but it still does fun stuff like crashing when importing files which
> don't have the extension ".mp3", etc. i'd be a bit worried to let
> xtunes write my iPod at this point.

I would be too.

--=20
Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space / 'Cause there's
bugger all down here on earth!
		--Man (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life)

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--