Installing MOL

Arch & Cath mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:29:14 -0400

on 8/29/02 3:08 PM, Quentin Mason at quentin-mason@cornell.edu wrote:

> To compile MOL you will also need various things from the source to the
> running kernel.  It is prbably easiest to get kernel-source-x.xx.rpm to
> match the value from "uname -a".  To use g++ (to compile C++) you may also
> need libstdc++-x.x.x.ppc.rpm, though I do not know whether MOL uses C++
> code (I doubt it) but many programs do.  Good luck, cos MOL is definitely
> worth it.
>
> Q.

Thanks for your help.  Found glibc-devel on the Yellow Dog CD and installed.
Now C (and C++) work OK.   I also found the kernel-source on the CD and, not
knowing what to do with it, copied to /root.  Now the rebuild almost
completes but I get the following:

checking for kernel headers... /usr/src/linux/include
configure: error: The kernel headers directory /usr/src/linux/include does
not exist.
      Set the KHEADERS path to the kernel headers directory.

RPM build errors:

Thanks again for your help.

Arch